It has been said that faith and truth are often conflicting things.  Yet in ones quest for truth, ones faith may be strengthened.  This is why I feel that my time at Liberty University will provide me with the perfect opportunity to strengthen my faith.  Truth is all around.  The power and glory of God is reflected in all the things that he has created.  By furthering my education and learning more about the world around me, I feel that I am investigating the truth behind these things.  As such, I am confident that when I uncover the truth I will also uncover the wonders that God has created and in doing so explore, if not, strengthen my faith.

There is no better way to test ones spirituality than by investigating the truth behind it.  The programs that Liberty University has will provide me that chance to investigate the truth.  Since truth has nothing to fear from investigation, I feel that this experience at Liberty University will only serve to reinforce my spiritual commitment and bring me closer to God.  This is in line with my ultimate goal is to be able to lead a life in the manner that Jesus taught us because with all the temptations and distractions that are present, man needs to be able to grow not only in spirit but in mind as well.
My main philosophy in life is to lead by setting an example. I cannot expect others to do what I myself would be willing to do but that does not mean that I cannot hope that others will see the example that I have shown them.  This philosophy is one of the many forces that drive me to pursue my dream of pursuing my career and of becoming so much more in life.  The chance to help those who are less fortunate in life, the chance to help those in need, the opportunity to be of service to humanity these are the reasons why I have selected this as the school where I will live out my dreams and strive to be the best that I can be in my life for, as Eleanor Roosevelt once said, The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams

0 comments:

Post a Comment