MY GOALS WITH MY DEGREE

Learning the word of God is such a great privilege in my part an honor that cannot be bought with money because even the treasures of this world cannot contain of what God has in store for all of us just as the wise of this world cannot outwit what Gods words will bring to humankind. It gives life to the hopeless warns the reckless about the end of their actions. This learning keeps me going and makes me desire to go deeper and deeper in His words. This made me decide to pursue a study in Continuing Education Program. I intend to pursue this degree because I want to gain profound knowledge in my calling as a minister. I believe deep within my heart that God is calling me to preach his words to the broken hearted. Yes, many are called but few are chosen and deep within my inmost being and with strong conviction that I am one of those chosen to shepherd His flock. Through this program, it will enhance my gift in teaching the word of God efficiently and effectively through the help of the Holy Spirit and will also give me the insights in how to pastor a church. Just like the apostles and disciples, Jesus did not send them right away to preach but these people were with Him for while to learn from Him and learn in His ways so they can preach the word of God effectively. They were taught in His words, trained, and had personal encounter with our Lord to preach the good tidings with power that converted a lot of souls in the apostles and disciples time.

I really like to attend and continue my education at Northwestern College for this degree because it has strong biblical stance on the word of God. It will help me become equip in my desired profession, a minister of Gods words. In addition, it has a conducive environment for working adults and has positive and great reviews from students who have attended.

My career goal is to pastor a church a church that is really for the service of the people not for myself. I envision the church I will pastor for to have ministries such as a mission rehab for young men and women who have addicted to drugs a mens and womens ministry a soup kitchen and a ministry for young urban children who are placed in foster care. Thus, learning that each member of the body of Christ is well equipped and capable in spreading the word of God in the community where they belong and refute the lies of the enemy (Satan).

Moreover, this degree will help me train other Christians to lead the ministries. It will also help me achieve the goals written above because it will allow me to understand the word of God deeper and the principles of ministry. It will teach me on how to develop, organize and lead ministries through the word of God but I will only accomplish these through my training and education from Northwestern College.

0 comments:

Post a Comment